EP 007: 7 skills to acquire in 2020 which can be effective side hustles
The last thing you want to do in your career life is to depend only on a single profession. In this fast changing era we’re living in right now, a single profession that we acquire in the college or through experience can no longer guarantee us a job for the next 5 to 10 years. The inconvenient truth is, we will always be replaced by people who are younger, cheaper and faster than us. And who knows, our jobs may be replaced by robots in the near future as well.
I found out that, the old-school advice of getting a high-paying and secure job is completely nonsense in this era. And I think that we have to keep improving ourselves because the society is changing faster than ever. The idea of playing it safe and don’t do the wrong thing is no longer valid.
Hence, it’s always a great idea to acquire more skills and profession in this fast changing environment. In this episode, we look into 7 skills that you can acquire in 2020 and beyond which can be turned into effective side hustles. And if you’re serious enough, they could even be turned into a business in the future and thus allow you to quit your 9-5 job.
On top of that, because I am a fan of digital nomad and I support the idea of being a digital nomad, the skills mentioned are also compatible with a nomadic lifestyle.
What you’ll discover in this episode:
- 7 skills to acquire in 2020 which can be effective side hustles
- The reasons behind why these skills are worthwhile to be aquired
- How to get started for each and what’s the caveat
- Book: The 4-hour Workweek: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss (Amazon affiliate link)
- Book: How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System In Good Times And Bad, Fourth Edition by William O’Neil (Amazon affiliate link)
- Book: Trend Following, 5th Edition: How to Make a Fortune in Bull, Bear and Black Swan Markets by Michael Covel (Amazon affiliate link)